Banner Before Header

MOTHER OF ALLEGED RAPE COMPLAINANT SEEKS DOJ HELP

Says she never signed any complaint against Subic-based businessman

2,061
THE mother of a minor who allegedly filed a complaint for rape, child abuse, and corruption of minor against a long-time and respected locator from Taiwan at the Subic Free Port has sought the help of the Department of Justice (DOJ) in unraveling the circumstances behind the complaint, insisting she was never a party to it.

Assisted by her lawyer from the Beltran, Madrid Law Office, Lacsina Ann Sinlao, 39, who hails from Bataan, in letter dated March 21, 2025 addressed to Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla and Prosecutor General Richard Fadullon,  claimed she was never present, nor did she sign any complaint against the businessman when it was allegedly filed by her daughter, at the Office of the City Prosecutor (OCP) of Olongapo City last February 13, 2025, nearly 3 years after the alleged incident took place.

The first page of Sinlao’s letter to the DOJ, pointing out she never signed any complaint against a Taiwanese businessman based at the Subic Free Port together with her daughter who has ran away from their home last year.

Last March 20, Sinlao, with the assistance of Atty. Baltazar Beltran, also executed an affidavit to the OCP Olongapo and stated that her daughter, ‘JP,’ ran away from their house in December 2024. Since then, Sinlao said they have no information as to her status or whereabouts.

She added that on March 18, just four days after giving birth, she received the news about the complaint. Accompanied by her relatives and a lawyer, she went to the OCP to testify that she did not sign nor participated in the preparation of the complaint but was denied an audience by the deputy city prosecutor.

Beltran, for his part, noted further that the deputy city prosecutor declined to dismiss the criminal information and their request for the victim and the administering fiscal to be present to clarify the issue.

Instead, during the clarificatory hearing scheduled on March 24, the official only summoned the alleged victim, the accused, his counsel, and their witnesses but not the administering fiscal, despite their request. JP, however, and those taking custody of her, were a no-show.

“This incident involving fake identities of complainants and their custodians is alarming,” Beltran told the justice secretary.

“We deem it proper to air our concerns thru your honorable office because we cannot obtain answers and clarifications from the Office of the City Prosecutor of Olongapo City,” the lawyer added.

Beltran also informed the Justice Secretary that they have “no intention to question” the processes at the DOJ but merely wanted to clarify if a complaint filed by an “impostor” is a valid complaint under the DOJ’s rules of procedures.

Comments are closed.